What data do we collect
Data you provide
- We collect the personal data you provide when you use our products and services or otherwise interact with us, such as when you create an account, contact us or purchase an item.
- To provide our service and products we ask you to provide us with Personal identification data. This data includes:
- First and last name
- Phone number
- E-mail address
- Medical data (eye test prescription data and Pupillary Distance measurement) If you provide us with an image of your prescription, we obtain any information that appears on the prescription form.
- If you contact us through email, social media, phone, letter or by other means we may keep a record of your contact details and the content of the communication for later reference and to help provide the best service possible. We may track whether any emails we send have been opened by you in order to improve the quality of our marketing services and customer service experience.
- We store the responses to any surveys that you may complete.
- Financial Data provided when you make an order is not stored by us, payments are handled by a third party payments provider. Stripe is the payment provider used by Espy and Iris.
Automatically generated data
What are Cookies?
- When you visit our website your IP address can be registered and we can collect information from you automatically through cookies or similar technology, your IT Data. These technologies will record data related to your browsing on our website such as:
- The pages you visit within the site
- The date and time you accessed to these pages
- Your language and location
- Your search queries
- Device information such as browser type and version, operating system and platform
- You may refuse to accept cookies by configuring your web browser accordingly but this may disrupt how our website performs.
- The provision of your personal data is not required if you only want to visit our website. This means that you may refuse to accept cookies by configuring your web browser accordingly (for more information, refer to the ‘help’ section of your web browser). However, refusing cookies is likely to disrupt your navigation on our website, in particular by preventing you to access to certain parts of it.
- We sometimes share some limited aspects of this data with third parties for advertising purposes. We may also share online data collected through cookies with our advertising partners. This means that when you visit another website, you may be shown advertising based on your browsing patterns on our website.
How do we use your data
- We use your Personal Identification Data to; allow us to deliver products to you that you have purchased from us, update you on your order or to ask for more information in relation to your order e.g prescription related questions, handle returns.
- Your IT Data is used by us to improve your experience on the site, to identify and report on website issues, to assess the impact of changes we make on the website, analyse and improve the performance of the website.
How long will we store your data
- Identification data including Ophthalmic Prescription and Medical Data - 10 years
- Identification data excluding Ophthalmic Prescription and Medical Data - 5 years
- Financial data - We don’t store any financial data, this is handled by our third party payment provider
- IT Data - 5 Years
What are your rights
We would like to make sure you are fully aware of all of your data protection rights. Every user is entitled to the following:
- You have the right to request copies of your personal data. We may charge you a small fee for this service.
- You have the right to request that Espy and Iris correct any information you believe is inaccurate.
- You have the right to request that we erase your personal data, under certain conditions.
- You have the right to request that we restrict the processing of your personal data, under certain conditions.
- You have the right to request that Our Company transfer the data that we have collected to another organization, or directly to you, under certain conditions.
If you make a request, we have one month to respond to you. If you would like to exercise any of these rights, please contact us at the details outlined in the How to Contact Us section.
Should you wish to report a complaint or if you feel that Our Company has not addressed your concern in a satisfactory manner, you may contact the Information Commissioner’s Office.
Personal data we share
We sometimes shares some limited aspects of this data with third parties for advertising purposes. We may also share online data collected through cookies with our advertising partners. This means that when you visit another website, you may be shown advertising based on your browsing patterns on our website.
How to contact us
If you have any questions regarding our use of your personal data, you can of course contact us as set out below:
- Our contact details are: Espy and Iris, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Our Data Protection Officer is: Liam Brosnan, email@example.com